Lent Lunches

 The Lent Lunches this year have raised £3050 -  a new record. After deductions for items such as 25Kg of cheese and 750 butter portions the amount for distribution to three charities is £2768.00.

The charities are RAPE Crisis (covering High Wycombe, Chiltern and South Bucks districts), the Ensor missionary work in the Far East sharing 80% and the remaining 20% to the church for its pastoral work in the local community.


The lunches ran for six Fridays, ending on 12th April. Thirty volunteers made and donated a total of thirty soups, and/or helped in setting up, clearing up, serving, washing up or delivering soups to some thirty shops and businesses in the village.


We give thanks to all those who supported our Lent charity event taking lunch in the Reading Room, or in their shops and offices; and their generous donations.


We also thank the Co-op for their support in donating a total of ninety-five loaves and 15 litres of milk over the six weeks.

If you missed the lunches this year, make a note in your diary for Friday 28th February 2020 when they start again!

        Office hours 9:30-12 noon

Tuesday, Wednesday & Thursday

Fair Trade stalls

Sundays 2020

  • 26 January

  • 23 February

  • 22 March